12.06.2009

6th obedience class

This was yesterday. It didn't go so well. I mean, it was okay, but there was a new dog in class. A very barky Australian Cattle Dog, who just kept barking and barking at Ellie. Which I think majorly stressed my sensitive puppy out. We were working on mat exercises and she just shut down totally. Ugh I hate seeing her like that. She rolled on her back, tail clenched between her legs, feet in the air. She peed a little, too. It was kind of embarrasing especially since I wasn't quite sure what in the heck was causing it.

My trainer came over and though Ellie was just doing a really good play dead! Hah i wish. But I told her, no, that she just shut down and wouldn't move or even take treats. So Karen (trainer) suggested it was probably because of the ACD barking so much that just caused sensitive little Ellie Bellie to stress out. We took her out side and she perked up immediately. She got some water, we talked, and planned to take her back in but away from the Aussie Cattle Dog.

So Ellie and I stayed by this little stairway block thing that kept us farther away and pretty much out of sight from the ACD. I just comforted Ellie and didn't really do any training after that. Karen explained what happened and we all took a break.

So not a very good class, but I have been noticing that shaping is really starting to "click" with Ellie. Also, stay tuned for a weaving post a little later, to the few that read this blog hehe (:

No comments:

Post a Comment